Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ice cream!

Last night D and I made our first batch of homemade ice cream using our new ice cream maker attachment for our KitchenAid mixer.














We started with a French Vanilla base I had made on Sunday night, and then added Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Guess what I had for breakfast?Posted by Picasa
The inspiration for making ice cream came from 2 sources. First, I read a blog called Desert Candy written by a woman who has posted a new ice cream recipe a few times a week in the month of August. She's got some pretty crazy flavors...like avocado, olive oil, and beet (not mixed together) and also some more conventional flavors.
The second inspiration was in Christopher Kimball's Letter from Vermont email in which he talks about making ice cream and has a link to America's Test Kitchen's review of ice cream makers.
I guess there was a third inspiration too...the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment was on sale at Macy's for 20% off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the consistency come out? I gave the same ice cream maker to J for his b-day last year and we've yet to perfect it...

xo Al