Friday, October 19, 2007

Little Earthquakes

The Sox live on for yet another playoff game against the Indians! I was worried that it was going to be all over after last night, but true to Red Sox form, they just don't die that easily! I watched until 11pm (while knitting) and then flipped over to ER because I couldn't stand to watch the pain of them losing. I flipped back to the game at 11pm and they were still winning yeah! I watched the 7th inning and then fell asleep on the sofa sometime during the 8th. I woke up to the news at 1 am that they had won the game!

I got into bed around 1:15. D was asleep and had been for at least 2 1/2 hours, but he was lucid enough to ask me about the game. About 10 minutes later I heard and felt a few seconds of rumbling. I asked D, "What the hell was that"? I thought maybe a tree had fallen in the yard. D immediately thought it was the furnace, water heater, propane tank, or septic blowing up. Turns out, it was a 2.5 earthquake with an epicenter only 2.9 miles from our house! Here's a link to the article in the Boston Globe.

No comments: