Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Very Busy October! Part 2

Fast forward one week from D's sister's visit and we have another house full of family! My sister Beth and her family came up from Rhode Island for Columbus Day weekend. On Saturday D and I met Beth, my brother-in-law Michael, and their sons Timothy and Matthew in Sterling, MA to spend the afternoon at Davis' Farmland which is basically a big petting zoo. My sister and I really enjoyed the animals, but the boys preferred the playground and the go carts.

Here I am with a baby goat. He was awfully cute!
















And this is my sister Beth with a sheep.








This is my 3 year old nephew Matthew brushing a goat. Two years ago I gave him a My Little Pony for Christmas--he likes brushing animals.














And, here's my 5 year old nephew Tim on a go cart.













They also had a bunch of alpacas, all of which had wacky haircuts. As I was petting the sheep and alpacas I couldn't help but think what nice yarn they would make!

After the Farmland, we returned to our house for dinner and watched Jungle Book. Here's the thing with Jungle Book---are there wolf packs and bears in India?

On Sunday my sister and I took the kids to the Discovery Museum in Acton, MA. This is a terrific little children's museum specifically geared toward the under 6 set. It's in an old 3-story house and each room is a different theme. My favorite is the diner. The boys' favorites are the ball room (where they have a Rube Goldberg-like ball maze set up) and the ship room. They love the ship room where there's a ship's wheel, engine room, navigation room, dory, lobster trap, and a submarine. The boys are "experts" at lobstering from watching a fabulous video called "Let's Go Lobstering."

By Monday we were all pretty tired out, but D and I went to his parent's house to see our other nephew Benjamin who was visiting with D's sister Allison while her husband was at a medical conference. We saw all 5 nephews in the course of 2 weekends! Now we have a couple of weekends off before we see them all again, first at my Grandma's 90th birthday party, and then 1 week later at D's Grandma's 90th birthday party. Yup, both grandma's are turning 90--they were born 2 days apart and are both named Ruth!

As a side note, I'll be watching the ALCS tonight. Go Red Sox!

No comments: