Friday, September 14, 2007

We're going to be doing a lot of digging!

D and I have been drooling over all of the gardening catalogs we've received and in the next few weeks we'll have a lot of fall planing to do!!! We've ordered 200 naturalizing daffodils from Park Seed Co. (and received 20 "Daffodil Geranium" bulbs as a "bonus").


Then D ordered the Perennial Starter Garden from Bluestone Perennials (a company recommended by a gardener I met in Freedom, NH). This is a "planned garden" where they send you 51 different plants of 21 different variaties all for one low price.

Then I received another email with a "bonus offer" from Park, so I ordered 2 Rose Double Knock Out and received 1 Rose Knock Out and 1 Rose Carefree Beauty free.
And, I didn't stop there...I also ordered some Honeysuckle Harlequin which I want to train up a trellis in front of the family room.

As if this wasn't enough, I also ordered 60 assorted tulips from Brecks because I has a $25 off coupon, so they were virtually free. I'm worried about the tulips because we have a lot of critter in the yard who might like to eat the bulbs, but since the bulbs were so inexpensive after the discount I decided to go for it anyway!
Clearly, D and I are insane! We have 280 bulbs, 4 rose bushes, and 52 perennials to plant this fall!!! I just hope that they all do okay over the winter. These companies are very reputable, but Mother Nature does strange things!

No comments: