Monday, April 7, 2008

Almost Normal

I'm feeling almost normal again, other than still having no desire to eat sweets, and I'm back to weekends of projects and cooking. Yesterday my mom came up to visit to help me sew the valances for which I bought fabric months ago. Since mom was coming to visit I figured I had better get off the couch and help D clean up the house and do a little cooking. I decided that we would have tuna sandwiches for lunch (one of my favorites) and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I made the mac and cheese from Ina Garten's The Barefoot Contessa Family Style. It's your basic mac and cheese recipe using cheddar and Gruyere, and it's so good!

D has done an excellent job keeping up with the housework, laundry, and grocery shopping in the past few months while I've been pregnant. He went to Idylwilde Farms for the first time a few weeks ago and has now been going every week to get our produce. They have amazing produce and it seems to be the same price or less expensive than the grocery stores we usually go to. And, it's only 7 minutes from our house (the nearest good, but not too expensive, grocery store is 12 minutes). Combine a trip to Idylwilde (for produce) with a trip to Trader Joe's (for packaged goods, frozen, and dairy), and pretty much everything is covered--high quality food at good prices. Of course there are some things that we need to go to the supermarket for (ziploc bags, cat litter) but not too much, and it's stuff we don't have to buy too often.

I hope to finish my first valance tonight and post pictures tomorrow. I was just about finished last night when I noticed my final seam was all funky--instead of loosening the tension to account for more layers of fabric I tightened it. I had to rip out a lot of stitches and decided it was time to call it quits for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.