Friday, April 18, 2008

Random Thoughts (Again)

At lunch time today I headed to Whole Foods to pick up a dessert for a BBQ we are attending tonight. On the way there traffic was blocked by a turkey crossing the road. up where I live this wouldn't strike me as odd, but down where I work it was really funny to see. There it was, crossing the street in front of the courthouse and it made me laugh hysterically!

I still have an aversion to sweets, especially chocolate. I walked to Starbucks after lunch today and picked up a grande decaf iced mocha. I started sipping it and thought, "man this is sweet" and almost went back into Starbucks to buy a milk to dilute it. I didn't buy the milk, just took the drink back to the office. It's 2 1/2 hours later and I still have 1/2 of the mocha left (unheard of in the pre-pregnancy days). I guess I didn't have to be concerned that having chocolate today would bring my sweet tooth back.

On the way out the door this morning I took a walk around the yard to see if anything was blooming. Three daffodils looked about to open, and some of the vinca (which the deer chewed to bits) has started to grow back and bloom. It's supposed to have gotten into the 70s today so I'll bet that I have more daffs blooming tomorrow--and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the tulips bloomed too.

1 comment:

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I'll be interested to see if your sweet tooth comes back towards the end of your pregnancy. I wonder if this has anything to do with the sex of the child one carries...are you going to find out?