Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby's Room Decorating

I was having trouble finding just the right gender-neutral baby bedding to go with our yellow nursery with green rug (the previous owners painted it that way as their nursery). I didn't want anything too cutesy or too pastel, or too boring. I was thinking of polka dots from Pottery Barn or Company Kids since they sell the bedding a la carte (I don't need a quilt and they now say the bumper isn't to be used very long). Then, I hit the jackpot!
I found the perfect fabric at Fabric Place, the local fabric store. I saw it and I knew it was exactly the right choice, so when they were having a 20% off sale, I picked up about 7 yards so my mom can make a crib skirt and valance. The fabric is "Sweet Dreams" by R Kaufmann. I also found a coordinating stripe that can be used as trim/border on both items.

For the sheets and bumper I'll just go solid green or yellow.

No comments: